Monday, February 13, 2006

Another list! Another rejection! I sense a pattern.

My posts/rejections have been fairly sporadic, mostly because I've been busy at work and don't have the time to write. What have I been doing? Interviewing job candidates. As such, here is a list of things you wouldn't want to hear someone you're interviewing with say during the interview.

Things You Don't Want to Hear at a Job Interview

1. Are you sure you want to work here?

2. I'm leading a motivational seminar on Saturday. Would you like to come?

3. God, I'm so tired of these damn interviews.

4. What an odd response.

5. I've worked here for seven years, and every morning I have to ask myself why.

6. Listen, my old sponsor moved to Oregon; would you be interested in filling in while I look for a new one?

7. Not to be a stickler for grammar, but I see you've decided to capitalize the first letter of every sentence.

8. Oh, I see you worked on the Kerry campaign. Did you know someone else there, or are you one of those people?

9. Say whaaat?

10. What's your opinion of scientology?

11. Do you happen to own any parachute pants?

12. Oh, so this is what a resume looks like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home